To uplift comfort and support all parents through
the bereavement process after the loss of a child with emotional and financial aid.
Our vision is to be able to aid and assist any parent who suffers the loss of a child.
Our purpose at the Morgan Breanna Hicks Foundation is to supplement financial aid for funeral, cremation and/or celebration of life expenses. While supporting the mental and emotional journey of grief facilitating connection with resources for grieving parents.
Grief, I’ve learned, is really
just love. It’s all the love you
want to give but cannot. All of that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in the that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go.
THE NEXT STEPS
Working with Medical Examiner/Law
- Upon leaving the hospital you may not see your child again until the visitation or service
- Prepare to recieve a call from the Medical Examiner/Coroner’s office to discuss whom to release the body to.
- Determine if you want your child’s organs donated. This is done within first 24hrs of death.
- Based on type of death law enforcement involvement my occur
- Service choice
- Advocacy and Support Services
- Financial needs and
- Event Coordination
- Policy Navigation
- Full Name
- Residence Address
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Highest Level of
- Father’s First Name
- Develop a system, a delegate or support person(s) to help alert family, friends, work of any vital information.
- Create a social media page to
- provide vital updates.
- Funeral/Celebration of Life/Ceremony details
- Food delivery